- Cats and Kittens
- Educational resources about cats and kittens.
- Dogs and Puppies
- Educational resources about dogs and puppies.
- Any Dog Can Live Calmly in a House: Even Yours!
- A New Puppy? Read This!
- Buckle Up Your Best Buddy
- Choosing the "Right" Dog to Adopt
- Destructive Chewing
- Dogs and Babies and Toddlers
- Dog Bite Prevention
- Exercising With Your Dog
- Fear and Reactivity in Puppies
- Helping Your Dog With a Fear of Loud Noises
- How to Meet a Dog
- Indoor Activities for the Rainy-Day Dog
- Introducing a New Dog to Your Dog at Home
- Introducing Dogs and Cats
- Is Your Dog a Dog Park Dog?
- Kong Stuffing Pointers
- Puppy Socialization Checklist
- Separation Anxiety in Dogs
- Solving Common Behavior Issues in Dogs
- Surprising Dog Behaviors
- The Canine Escape Artist
- The Power of Positive Training
- Tips for Happy Puppy Handling
- Training Your Dog to Walk on a Leash
- Understanding “Calming Behaviors”
- What Motivates Your Dog?
- Why Does My Dog Bark?
- You and Your New Dog: Starting Out Right
Behavior Helpline: Contact our Behavior Team
Questions About Public Classes
San Diego Humane Society offers training classes and resources to address a variety of needs for companion animals.
Our training philosophy is based on the behavioral science concepts of positive reinforcement. Training your pet using these concepts will not only help them learn new behaviors more quickly, it will also strengthen the bond you share.
Our website includes a current schedule of training classes or call 619-299-7012, ext. 2398.
|Resource Center||San Diego Humane Society Programs||Educational Resources|