Skip to main content
San Diego Humane Society

Barking Dog Complaints

For expediency regarding barking dog complaints in our jurisdiction, you may fill out and submit the form below or call 619-299-7012, ext. 2617. If you are a resident outside of these cities and have a concern with a loud animal, call your local police agency or code compliance department. If you see a loose or vicious animal, or an injured animal on the side of the road, call your local animal control.

Notice: For Barking Dogs in the City of San Diego 

If you are a resident in the City of San Diego, barking dog complaints are handled by the city’s Code Enforcement Department. Please use this link to file your report: All other animal complaints in the city of San Diego are handled by San Diego Humane Society. 

Other Animal Complaints

Animal complaints (strays, off-leash, etc.) for the cities of Carlsbad, Del Mar, Encinitas, Escondido, Imperial Beach, Oceanside, Poway, San Diego, San Marcos, Santee, Solana Beach and Vista are handled by San Diego Humane Society. 


Barking Dog Complaint Form


  • Was this article helpful?