Free Veterinarian Exam
Schedule your free vet exam (you have two options):
Option 1 – Using the VCA flyer, make an appointment at any VCA hospital listed on the back of the flyer in your adoption paperwork.
• This certificate is valid within the first 14 days after adoption.
Option 2 - Go to any vet of your choice using the “Free Vet Exam Certificate” given at time of adoption.
• This certificate is valid within the first seven days after adoption.
Pet First Insurance Trial
Register with Pet First Insurance by calling the phone number listed on the bottom of your info sheet:
- Thirty days of pet insurance is included with your adoption. Call 855-780-7387 and speak to a Pet First representative to activate your coverage while you wait to complete your adoption paperwork.
- Worry-free guarantee: There is no obligation or waiting period. Your coverage automatically expires after 30 days unless you choose to extend coverage.
Register with Finding Rover (www.findingrover.com)
- This is a free app to assist in finding animals faster, if they go missing.
- This app uses facial recognition to match your dog to your information. Your pet’s photo has already been uploaded to Finding Rover!
- To register, all you need is the email you gave to us at the time of adoption. From your cell phone, go to the Finding Rover website and follow the instructions for registration.
Free Training Class
- To schedule your free 1-hour training session with one of our expert trainers, please call 619-299-7012 ext. 2398.
- For behavioral questions and training tips, please visit our website. You will find various, free articles on behavior and training topics.
- Email us at email@example.com or call 619-299-7012 ext. 2244 for behavior questions or training tips anytime!
Create a free Pet Hub profile for your dog’s license:
- Create your pet’s free online profile on PetHub.com/SanDiego. All you need is the six-digit number located at the bottom of your pet’s tag (example: #SD123456).
- A dog’s license tag must be securely fastened to the dog’s collar or harness and worn by the dog at all times.
- If your dog is ever missing, a license tag provides a quick and accurate way of notifying you if someone finds your pet. It also provides proof that your dog has been vaccinated against rabies, as required by law.
San Diego, Escondido and Oceanside Campus Contact Information
- For all return appointments, Wellness Center / post-adoption medical issues or behavior questions, please call 619-299-7012.