San Diego pet-friendly housing list and links to agencies for support with a variety of issues related to renting with pets.
- 6 Steps to Finding Rental Housing That Will Welcome Your Dog
- While finding rental housing that welcomes all breeds and sizes of dogs can be challenging, here are proven tips to help give dog guardians a leg up.
- Housing and Pets: Frequently Asked Questions
- Covers topics related to housing: pet-friendly housing, rights to assistance animals, living in a vehicle, eviction and pet staying with friend or family member.
- Pet-Friendly Housing List
- Below is a list of pet-friendly housing in San Diego County. You can browse by area, or search for a specific zip code.
Useful Housing Links:
- 211: Free, 24-hour confidential phone service and searchable online database that provides resources for essential services including food, housing and bill payment assistance.
- Disability Rights California (DRC): Information about the different types of assistance animals and your legal right to a reasonable accommodation in housing; free legal assistance for people with disabilities.
- GoSection8.Com: National searchable database for affordable housing, including Section 8 rental housing and housing agency waiting lists.
- Legal Aid Society of San Diego: Free legal support for housing, including discrimination and eviction, as well as other issues.
- My Pitbull is Family: National searchable database for rental properties without breed or size restrictions.
- RedRover Relief Grants: Provide grants for emergency boarding for pet guardians hospitalized due to COVID-19 or escaping from a domestic violence situation.
- Rent Repayment Plans: Guidance for tenants looking to establish a repayment plan with their landlord.
- San Diego Housing Commission
- Affordable Housing Resource Guide: San Diego Housing Commission's guide includes rental assistance programs and an affordable housing rental list.
- Homelessness Prevention & Diversion Program: Community members who are newly homeless or at risk of becoming homeless can receive assistance with staying in current housing or with identifying new housing options to avoid entering the shelter system.
- Homelessness Response Center: Community members experiencing homelessness can visit the HRC (1401 Imperial Ave. San Diego 92101) for assistance with navigating the system to move towards long-term housing and to receive supportive services.