- Humane Law Enforcement
- If you are reporting an in-progress animal emergency, call us immediately at 619-299-7012. San Diego Humane Society’s Humane Law Enforcement has officers in the field seven days a week, handling a variety of animal cruelty complaints.
- Lost, Found and Rehoming Pets
- As a pet parent, one of the most frightening moments you may experience is when you realize your pet is lost. The panic that follows this realization can make it hard to think clearly about what you should do next. So we’ve gathered a list of helpful, immediate actions you can take to ensure you have the best possible chance of being reunited with your beloved pet or reunite a lost pet with its family.
- Found Wildlife
- Never feed wildlife, as this can often do more harm than good. If you find an animal who is visibly injured, ill or in danger from a predator or neighborhood cat or dog, here are tips for how to bring a wild animal to Project Wildlife or when to contact someone to help.
- Adoption Resources
- Thank you for considering adopting your new pet from San Diego Humane Society. Below are resources intended to assist in the adoption process and details on post-adoption services offered.
- About San Diego Humane Soceity
- San Diego Humane Society, an open-admission shelter, is creating a more humane world by inspiring compassion and advancing the welfare of animals and people. Our lifesaving safety net has helped San Diego become the largest city in the U.S. to keep healthy and treatable animals from being euthanized. We are a private, independent, nonprofit organization that is not affiliated with any other humane society or society for the prevention of cruelty to animals.
Resource Center | Support Services | Behavior and Training
Did you know?
San Diego Humane Society offers spay and neuter programs for the San Diego region. These resources provide affordable spay and neuter surgeries to individuals who meet eligibility requirements based on income.
Dogs and cats who are spayed or neutered roam less. Learn more about spay/neuter services offered by the San Diego Humane Society.