With the world focused on containing the spread of COVID-19 and with our community’s best interest in mind, San Diego Humane Society has made the decision to suspend all new in-person training classes and workshops through April. We will instead be going virtual with our training classes! Registration for our virtual classes can be submitted below.
Thank you again for your support and understanding during this time. The health and safety of our community and the animals in our care is our top concern. Other training handouts and resources can be found here in our resource center.
For questions about behavior and training classes, please call 619-299-7012 ext. 2398 or email email@example.com.
- Dogs and Puppies
- Educational resources about dogs and puppies.
- Any Dog Can Live Calmly in a House: Even Yours!
- A New Puppy? Read This!
- Buckle Up Your Best Buddy
- Choosing the "Right" Dog to Adopt
- Destructive Chewing
- Dogs and Babies and Toddlers
- Dog Bite Prevention
- Exercising With Your Dog
- Fear and Reactivity in Puppies
- Helping Your Dog With a Fear of Loud Noises
- How to Meet a Dog
- Indoor Activities for the Rainy-Day Dog
- Introducing a New Dog to Your Dog at Home
- Introducing Dogs and Cats
- Is Your Dog a Dog Park Dog?
- Kong Stuffing Pointers
- Puppy Socialization Checklist
- Separation Anxiety in Dogs
- Solving Common Behavior Issues in Dogs
- Surprising Dog Behaviors
- The Canine Escape Artist
- The Power of Positive Training
- Tips for Happy Puppy Handling
- Training Your Dog to Walk on a Leash
- Understanding “Calming Behaviors”
- What Motivates Your Dog?
- Why Does My Dog Bark?
- You and Your New Dog: Starting Out Right
- Quarantine Routine
- Are you noticing behavior changes in your pets while you’re spending more time at home? Change is tough on everyone – our pets included. But there are simple ways to address any behavior issues before they become problematic. That’s why we’ve just launched a new series – Quarantine Routine! This video series will help guide you through common behavior challenges and help you stick to an exercise and training regimen from home.
- About Behavior and Training Program
- San Diego Humane Society offers a variety of training classes as well as other resources to address a variety of needs for companion animals. Our training classes for dogs and cats range from the basics to some unique specialty courses to address all your training needs.